Happy 2016, readers!
I’ve recently joined Blogging University which is a WordPress course about growing as a blogger. Neurons and Salads has a lot to offer and I want to be better at making writing for this blog happen. The first assignment is to write a blog about why you are blogging and what your goals are which is why I am writing this post.
My intention with this blog is first to help me remember topics that I’ve read and learned so that I can teach others and find a niche for myself. I’m trying to figure out my direction and know what I care about and this blog could act as a vision board and a collage of knowledge I don’t realize I have. Expressing my interest and ideas about different topics can possibly spark other people’s interests. I want to show the amazement of improv, the intrigue of psychology, the mind-opening of occupational therapy.
My goal this year is to write more frequent and concise posts. I want to focus on these topics:
- Pediatric OT
- Psychosocial skills and functioning
- Creative therapies: drama therapy, art therapy, expressive therapy, music therapy, play therapy
- Environmental psychology
- Body language and communication
- Meditation and mindfulness.
I want to also write in the journal section about my journey of maintaining positive habits like:
- Sleeping earlier, more and better,
- Exercising to increase energy, mood, strength, flexibility and endurance
- Maintaining a healthy posture
- Taking screen breaks
- Practicing meditation and mind relaxing activities
Here’s to new beginnings and a year of learning and exploration! I welcome you to learn along with me.